- 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa holds colorful, fun events in its Open Space twice a year, in spring and autumn.
Art za Market
Golden Marubi Week
- Golden Marubi Week '14
Apr 26 [Sat] - May 6, 2014 [Tue]
- During the Golden Week holidays of May, the Museum holds colorful events indoors and in its Open Space. Besides an “Art za Market” art flea market where creators sell their works, they include music and performances in the Stage and Public Zones, operation of a miniature steam locomotive, and tea ceremonies and various workshops. Children as well as adults gather for lively fun, drawn by the fine spring weather.
Marubi de Party
- Marubi de Party 10th Anniversary!
Oct 9 [Thu] - 13, 2014 [Mon]
- Each year, the Museum celebrates its October 9 opening anniversary by holding festive events on the weekend days surrounding the 9th. These events, which constitute the Museum’s annual autumn festival, include the “Art za Market” art flea market also popular during Golden Week, music and performances in the Stage and Public Zones, operation of a miniature steam locomotive, and tea ceremonies and workshops.
Weekend Marubi Art-Complex—Now taking applications for participants!
- Would you like to perform or open a booth at the Museum during Golden Marubi Week or Marubi de Party?
A “complex” of many art activities is taking place on weekends in the Museum’s Open Space. By enabling artists working in different medias to gather and stimulate one another, the Museum desires to help them expand their creative potential. “Art Complex” has been born from this wish.
“Art-Complex” features two activities, “Performances” and “Café Operation.” Participants are recruited for each event. For details, please contact the Museum by e-mail, using the form provided under Contact Us on this website’s footer.
Note: Application forms can be downloaded from the links below.
Inquiries & requests for application forms:
Public Affairs, 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa
1-2-1 Hirosaka, Kanazawa, Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan 920-8509